Aluminium Can Recycling
The Shire of Exmouth supports the Wildlife CARE Exmouth to maintain and service the aluminium can cages around town. Money raised from this service goes towards the care of rescued wildlife.
Aluminium Can Recycling cages can be found at the following locations:
- Snapper Loop Park;
- Krait Street Park,
- Federation Park Spray Park;
- Bonefish Street toilets;
- Falls Street Park;
- Nimitz Street, Department of Parks and Wildlife; and
- Murat Road, Cnr Madaffari Drive, Tourist Information Bay.
Click here for a Can Cage Locations map.
Can collection bags are available from the Shire’s Administration Office.
Did you know?
- One recycled aluminium can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours and is back on the shop shelf within 60 days as a new can (WSN);
- 1 tonne of aluminium from recycled aluminium cans can save 5 tonnes of bauxite (WSN); and
- Making items from recycled aluminium uses 95% less energy than using raw material.
The Shire of Exmouth collects household batteries for recycling and to divert their hazardous contents from the landfill site. Please dispose of any household batteries by dropping them into the collection bin provided at the front counter of the Shire of Exmouth’s Administration Office located on Maidstone Crescent.
Ink Cartridges and Toners
Ink Cartridges and toners can be handed into Exmouth Post Office to be sent away for recycling.
Mobile Phones, Batteries and Chargers
Old mobile phones, batteries and chargers can be recycled by by dropping them into the collection bin provided at the front counter of the Shire of Exmouth’s Administration Office located on Maidstone Cresent.
Pre-addressed satchels can also be obtained from the Post Office and posted free of charge directly to the recycling provider.