E-Waste Drop Off Day!
Date: 20 July 2013
Time: 8.00am - 12.00pm
Location: Shire Administration Carpark located on Maidstone Cresent
Free Recycling drop-off for unwanted computers, printers and televisions!
The Shire of Exmouth is holding an E-Waste Drop-off Day for the residents and businesses within the Shire. The collection will be held from 8.00am to 12.00pm on Saturday 20 July 2013 in the car park fronting the Shire offices and is made possible thanks to funding provided by the WA Waste Authority.
Exmouth residents will be able to dispose of unwanted E-Waste, including computers, computer screens, keyboards and televisions.
Although it is a small fraction of total waste, according to Clean Up Australia statistics, E-Waste is one of the fastest growing contributors to our waste stream.
98% of e-waste is recyclable. E-Waste contains a range of materials including plastic, lead, copper, gold, platinum and rare earth metals.
What will be accepted?
- Desktop computers or laptops; monitors; keyboards; printers; modems;
- Mobile phones;
- Domestic batteries (eg: AA, C, D);
- Small power tools – angle grinders, jigsaws, electric saws and drills.
- Cordless Power Tools and their batteries
What won't be accepted?
- Small household electrical appliances;
- Video/DVD/Gaming Consoles;
- Smoke detectors;
- X-ray equipment;
- Hazardous materials;
- Ovens or range hoods; and
- White goods
In addition to using the Shire’s E-Waste Drop-off Day, leading up to the 20 July, e-waste can be dropped off at a designated area at the Shire's Landfill Site where it will be stockpiled for transportation and recycling with the other items received on the collection day.
- Residents are responsible for removing private or confidential data from any equipment provided for recycling.
- There is a limit of 15 items per drop, commercial quantities will not be accepted.
For further information, contact the Shire’s Administration Office on 08 9949 3000.
This initiative was made possible by the WA Waste Authority.